Cardholders may close their account at any time. To close the account, cardholders must complete the Account Closure/Request for Retail Points Refund form.
- Refunds for purchases made with Retail Points or Dining Points are issued as a credit to the point account used for the purchase. Purchases via credit card will be issued in 2-3 business days. Cash or check purchases take approximately 6 weeks and payee will need to provide a w9.
- Retail Point Account Balance refunds - Refund points remaining after a student has separated from the University will be automatically refunded to the account holder if there is a balance of $8 or more. A $3 administrative fee will be assessed and the remaining balance will be issued to the student's Bursar account. Any balance below $8 must be used in any retail points location within one year of separation from the University or the points will be forfeited.
- Faculty and staff retail points are not automatically refunded. A refund may be requested if the ending balance is $8 or more when separating from the University. A $3 administrative fee will be assessed and the balance will be returned. Any balance remaining on the account must be used in any retail points location within one year of separation from the University or the points will be forfeited.
- Refunds of Retail Points must be requested by completing Account Closure/Request for Retail Points Refund form. Refunds will not be processed for Cardholders who have an outstanding balance with the University. Cardholders who have separated from and are indebted to the University may have their remaining Retail Point balance applied to the outstanding debt at the University's discretion.
- Student Dining Points are non-refundable with the exception of student medical and military withdrawals which have been officially designated by the University.
- Points from your retail points account may be transferred to your dining points account.
- Dining points are non-transferable.
Documentation of Point Transactions:
- You should receive and/or you may request a receipt at the time you make a purchase from any card reader operated by a cashier.
- You will not receive a receipt from a card reader attached to a vending or laundry machine. These transactions will be listed on your account activity which is available on-line at onecard.towson.edu.
- You will receive an email notification for deposits made to your account(s) through the OneCard website.